Housing security

Student resources

Resource for students

Basic Needs Center

Basic Needs Center provides prevention, education & emergency relief programs in the core areas of basic needs: food security, housing security & financial stability. 

In addition, the Basic Needs Center provides a list of community resources for graduate students.

Resource for students

Student Legal Services

For help with matters such as landlord-tenant disputes and evictions, Student Legal Services advises currently registered Cal students regarding their legal questions, rights, and obligations. 

Employee resources

Be Well at Work - Employee Assistance

Be Well at Work - Employee Assistance provides no-cost confidential counseling and referral for UC Berkeley faculty, staff, visiting scholars, and postdocs. Employee Assistance can help you get connected to resources. 

List of community resources for staff

From the Basic Needs Center.

Housing insecurity due to relationship violence

If you are experiencing housing instability or your house is not safe due to relationship violence (dating or domestic violence), the PATH to Care Center can help (available to students, staff, and faculty). For urgent support, please call the Care Line (available 24 hours, 7 days a week) at 510-643-2005. For more resources, please refer to the Sexual Violence page.